June 19, 2010

It's Official!

On May 12, 2010, we saw the first image of Baby Helgerahn. The nurse practitioner assured us that the blob in the photo above is, in fact, a baby. Being the non-medical folks that we are, we took her word for it.

On June 18th the reality of Baby Helgerahn became even more apparent with the sound of a very strong and very healthy heartbeat...to which I responded, "Yay Baby!". The OB/GYN naturally thought I was hilarious. Apparently the wee-one is a mover and a shaker, because the doc had to chase around the heartbeat with her magical doppler instrument. We better start getting into shape because it looks like we'll be chasing this one around from day one.

We're looking forward to August 13th when all of our most pressing questions will be answered. Is it a boy? Or is it a girl? Feel free to make your bets!

11 comments:

  1. You are hilarious and I think a "blog" is a great idea! Need a change of pace from the political blogs that take up WAY too much of my time! How exciting to hear a strong heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking forward to this. Looking forward to all the developing news. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually love all three of you. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma Two echoes Grandma One's sentiments ... Can't wait to follow you on this adventure. And - against all odds I'm going out on a limb to predict it's a mover & a shaker & a one-of-a-kind girl. (And you thought Buster was hard to keep up with ...) Love you guys!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! I am so excited!! I love babies!! And babies that I'm related to are even better:) I can't wait to hear about EVERYTHING!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to following your Blog. Congrats I'M very happy for the both of you& grandma T.
    Love Auntie Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baby Helgerahn already has a large fan base, and he/she's still in-utero! Can't wait to hear the updates. Again, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are excited for you guys and looking foward to following the process. Congrats!!!!

    Love,
    Shelly and Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so incredibly happy for all of you!!!!! I look forward to many many posts!

    Cousin Jaci

    ReplyDelete
  11. bet on a boy. but i'm hoping for a girl so thad can suffer like me. way to go you two. luv poorhouse.

    ReplyDelete